These IDEAs have been developed to help staff with designing digital assessment and feedback. The activities are categorised into two overarching groups focused on their short or longer term nature:
- Group 1: quick on the fly activities to check understanding and foster engagement;
- Group 2: activities that can be embedded and developed throughout a module.
To facilitate consultation, the activities are also categorised (tagged) based on their pedagogical aims. These tags run across the 2 groups and are listed in the Categories box found throughout the site – click on a category to see all the relevant resources.
Each IDEA has been presented as a blog post on the following page and take the following structure:
- Why use it (students and staff)
- When to use it
- Digital tools that might be used
- Speed of set-up time
- Other resources
- Exaples of staff use
Each IDEA is labelled with both the Group and the pedagogical aim tag(s) making them searchable.
- Assessment Literacy
- Peer Feedback / Learn how to give and receive feedback
- Collaboration/Collaborative Learning
- Reflection and/or Revision
- Monitoring Progress/Check Understanding
- Developing confidence
- Developing Learning Skills
- Next Steps