Key documents relating to curriculum design
UCL Academic Manual Chapter 4 (Assessment Framework for Taught Programmes) and Chapter 7 (Programme and Module Approval and Amendment Framework) are especially important for programme and module design.
Education Operating Model 2021-2022 Principles and processes for planning an excellent and distinctive education. this is the current one
UCL Connected Learning Baseline The minimum expectations, or baseline, for connected learning for all taught programmes and modules at UCL, with a focus on Moodle.
Useful UCL design tools
CHART (assessment mapping tool workshop and guidance) Enables you to better visualise assessment information such as distribution, timing, weighting and type on modules and programmes.
Learning Designer Visual session/course planner using same principles as ABC. Allows reporting and export to Moodle.
Teaching and learning resources
Teaching resources A useful bank of resources covering all aspects of teaching for staff involved in any part of the student learning experience. Includes
- Teaching toolkits A searchable collection of relevant and practical resources to provide inspiration and guidance for all colleagues involved in teaching at UCL.
- Online teaching: guidance, tips and platforms Central support from Arena and Digital Education to help prepare for online teaching and learning.
Assessment resources Guidance, resources and key dates for developing assessments
Digital education [https://www.ucl.ac.uk/teaching-learning/teaching-resources/digital-education] The range of tools available at UCL and the support to maximise their potential.
Teaching & Learning e-newsletter Sign up for the very useful monthly e-newsletter
Digital Education Blog Technical and other news
UCL Connected and Blended Learning Hub Complements and expands the CLE (see below). Self study. Topics;
- Rethinking modes and space
- Compassion, inclusion and wellbeing
- Tools for the job: Technology mapping
- Designing Learning
- Re-imagining Assessment and Feedback
UCL Connected Learning Essentials The CLE was developed as part of UCL’s Covid response, still packed with useful advice. Topics;
- Introducing Connected Learning
- Securing student engagement
- Ensuring a consistent learning environment for students
- Exploring alternatives to face-to-face assessment
- Designing for students’ active learning
- Curating and making resources
- Knowing students are engaging and learning
LinkedIn Learning A huge range of self-study video tutorials supporting learning in software, creative and business skills – all free to UCL staff and currently enrolled students.
UCL CMALT Professional recognition for effective technology use in education, open to UCL staff. A popular cohort-based course run in conjuction with the Bloomsbury Learning Exchange (BLE).