Marta Zaccaria

welcome to my reflective portfolio

UCL ChangeMakers

My reflective portfolio is part of a wider project which started in November 2020. I was offered the oppurtunity to work on a UCL ChangeMakers project alongside Dr Nephtali Marina-Gonzalez and Dr Jennifer Rohn, two of my module leads in Year 1, and Advaith Veturi, who recently graduated in Applied Medical Sciences.

The aim of our ongoing project is to encourage Applied Medical Sciences students to create their own portfolio with UCL Reflect, starting from Year 1. In fact, this prospective vertical activity is intended to culminate in the showcase portfolio assessment for final year undergraduate students (launched in 2018).

I was asked to set up my own portfolio so it could serve as an example for other students and it could be shared with more courses in the Faculty of Medical Sciences. My “trying out” was also important to  assess the usability of the UCL Reflect platform and identify areas for improvement in the programme learning objectives and outcomes.

In this video I share my experience with UCL Reflect and I highlight the benefits of creating a portfolio.

Collaborating on this project with my teaching fellows has been very stimulating.
Understanding how to set up my portfolio took some time, however I strongly believe it has been worthwhile. I must continue working on this – I still have to add a few pieces of coursework from Year 1 and 2, and I aim to improve on my reflective writing in particular.

Organisation and time management have been key for me to work on my portfolio and keep to my studies during the academic  year. Furthermore, I think that through this website I am developing my communication skills with a much wider public than usual.

Finally, my self-awareness has grown along with this reflective showcase portfolio: hopefully this will help me when it comes to important career decision making.

UCLYear 2

Marta Zaccaria • 25th January 2021

Previous Post

Next Post