Students give themselves targets based on their self-assessment.
These learning goals could be recorded somewhere and revisited (i.e. a learning diary or an e-portfolio).
They could be compared to the lecturer’s targets and the two brought to consensus if different.
Why use it (students and staff)
- Reflect on learning during a session or over a semester;
- They could be compared to the lecturer’s targets and the two brought to consensus if different;
- Enables staff to review and reflect on students’ perceptions of own development
When to use it
- Throughout a course, scaffolded into activities;
- End of a/each session;
Digital tools that might be used
- My Portfolio
- Moodle Wiki
- Moodle Discussion forum
Speed of set up time
Varies based on tool used
- Prepare rubrics/criteria
- Prepare or keep exemplars
- Familiarise and preparing students with the concepts and benefits
- Oversight of the output
Any type of shared document.